What do you do to grow your hair thick and long?
Answer: my key is focusing on the health of the hair. When your hair is healthy it will grow.
Remember that hair grows at least half an inche a month. 6inches in a year.
- Shampoo hair: listen to your hair if your hair needs to be washed every week do that. I wash my hair once or twice a month.
- Deep condition: at least once a month. Use conditioner with lots of slip.
- Moisturize: moisturize and seal your hair by using a good leave in conditioner and oil. LCO Method-L=liquid, O= oil, C=cream.Use this method to lock moisture into your hair.
- Trim split ends regularly- doing so will guarantee healthier hair and prevent breakage. I trim my hair twice a year.
- Air Dry- Minimize heat usage and opt for air drying. Also wring out your curls with a tee-shirt as opposed to a towel
- Massage Your Scalp- Massaging your scalp regularly will increase your blood flow and promote healthy hair growth.
- Protein Treatments- Using protein treatments regularly will aid in making your hair stronger, after all your hair is made of protein! It’s also key in helping you to retain moisture. I do protein treatment every 6 weeks.
- Low Manipulation- Choose low manipulation hairstyles, or protective hairstyles. Constant tugging, combing and pulling can create breakage and shedding. The less you fuss with your hair, the better the chances are for promoting strong healthier hair.
- Protect hair: sleep on a satin pillow or wear a satin scarf.
- Health in and out: eat a balance diet and exercise. When I say exercise it doesn’t have to be extreme. My kind of exercise is walking. I don’t take the elevator. I walk up and down the stairs. I drink at least 4 bottles of water a day.
Use less heat on your hair. Don’t flat iron your hair everyday. I flat iron my hair once or twice a hair.
Be patience and your hair will grow.